Some may raise their eyebrows if they hear that chihuahua shoes are even available while some may not be surprised and have already bought a pair for their pet. Footwear for your chihuahua offers many advantages towards their total welfare.
Chihuahua shoes may be the last thing that you would think of to buy for your little friend. I agree that it may sound absurd but if you love your pup, you will not only give them the proper care when it comes to grooming you may also buy them clothes to make them cleaner and tidier as well as purchase other accessories for their hair, but to complete the get-up, you also need to buy them a pair of shoes. Chihuahua shoes will protect their feet just the same as it shoes do for your feet. In having the right footwear, your chihuahuas will be protected from the outside forces that can bring them to harm.
Why do you need Chihuahua shoes?
• Chihuahuas lose a lot of heat from their feet thus walking in the cold can make them uncomfortable and can cause damage to that part of their body. Their paws can become dehydrated causing them to crack and bleed when they walk on de-icing substances and halite. The cracks are susceptible to being infected by bacteria that can penetrate through their skin.
• Chihuahua shoes or booties will protect their feet from the heat of the sidewalks during summertime when you most want to be out walking and enjoying the sun’s rays.
• They will protect your pet’s paws from stepping directly onto dirty elements such as fertilizers while you are on your leisure walk and other harmful elements like car oil that can spilled on the paths and roads.
• It will enhance the appeal of your pup so they will look more gorgeous and huggable.
So, how do you go about buying chihuahua shoes?
• First, you need to get the size of their feet. Get a ruler or a tape measure. Start at the bottom of your chihuahuas nails on one end of their paw and down its base. Do not include the nails.
• Next, choose the appropriate shoes for them. Buying Chihuahua shoes in the form of booties is a great option as they can be easily worn as they do not have straps or zippers. All you need to do is slide them onto your chihuahua’s feet and presto, they are ready to walk protected from extremities. The good thing about booties is you do not need to check them if they are still on your Chihuahua’s feet as they rarely fall off in my experience.
Keep you Chihuahua shoes in a safe place. As I found my Chihuahua likes to chew on his own shoes as much as he likes mine.
Your Chihuahua needs booties or special chihuahua shoes the same way you do for protection, so be sure to extend your little friend the same courtesy you extend yourself when you go outside.